Tuesday, April 19, 2016

sephora play box.

For a few months now, I have been receiving the Sephora Play Box. Similar to Birchbox, each month you get around 5 samples from various brands that are sold in Sephora stores. Each month there is a theme and the samples in the box coordinate to that theme. Previous themes have been "No Appointment Necessary" (D.I.Y. spa treatment samples), "Now and Later" (long lasting makeup samples), "The Perfection Collection" (skincare and makeup samples that cover up imperfections and help perfect skin). This month's theme was "The In Crowd," samples that have reached "it-girl" status in the beauty industry, and to be completely honest, I loved every single thing in this month's box. So without further ado, here are this month's samples.






Milk Makeup Sunshine Oil - Milk Makeup is like the Coachella of Makeup Lines. It's achieved cult status quickly, a ton of models use their products, and it's eco-friendly and cruelty-free. And their products are amazing. I use this sunshine oil on my face at night and I wake up in the morning with a glow to my skin. And it smells exactly like it would sound. It's calming and mood-boosting enough that it even puts a smile on my RBF. This is definitely a product that I will be investing in in the future.


Sephora Collection Colorful Cheek Ink Gel (in Peony) - Not many products could make me abandon my NARS Orgasm blush, but if I am going for a more natural look during the week, this is a product that could do just that. And it only requires a tiny amount to get a natural flush. While I don't see myself buying the full product, this is definitely a good option for girls out there looking for a quick and easy, natural looking blush.


Sunday Riley Good Genes Lactic Acid Treatment - Used as a serum or a face mask, this product helps reduce the appearance of dark spots caused by wrinkles, gives skin an immediate radiance, and fights visible signs of aging. And as expensive as the full product is, I may have to invest in it. The smell is a little lingering, but in just the past few days that I have used this sample, I have noticed a difference in my dark spots and the overall texture of my skin. My Caudalie Vinoperfect Serum might just have a product that's fighting for a spot on my vanity.


NARS Satin Lip Pencil (in Rikugien) - I have actually received this pencil before in my Sephora Birthday gift and I love it. It's a great rose pink neutral that give the lips just a little bit of color and sheen that is great for day or night. If you're new to lip products or looking for a great pink neutral then this is a great product to start with. My love for NARS lip pencils is no secret, I have probably around 6 now, so it's always great to get one in a sample box.


Clinique Pep Start Eye Cream - Fun Fact: even though I suffer from extremely dark circles and bags under my eyes, I don't use an eye cream. Why? Because usually they're so expensive and in all honesty, I like simple routines that I just forget to use them. So getting a sample of one is kind of like a win-win for me, it lasts long enough to see if it has made any difference and you don't have to shell out a ton of money for it. What I have found in the short amount of time testing this product, is that it makes me look like I got 10 hours of sleep when I usually only get 6 during the week. Plus the $26 price tag makes me want to invest in this, especially since people at work have noticed that I look more awake before I have my cup of coffee.


Derek Lam 10 Crosby 2AM Kiss Perfume - Nothing and I mean nothing, could make me give up my Roses De Chloe Perfume, but I do like receiving samples just to switch it up a tad and I enjoy pretty smells. While I can't see myself as someone who would wear this fragrance, the smell of salty caramel and amber makes it almost impossible to not smell. Almost, masculine in a way, this perfume is definitely not for the girl who leans more towards floral scents (i.e. Me), but I can see the girl who goes for the more sensuous, strong scents to want to give this a try.


If you haven't tried Sephora Play Box, I highly recommend it. I used to love Birchbox, but month after month I was getting samples that I just didn't end up using or didn't like, so I finally made the jump over to my beloved Sephora. In addition to great samples, you also get a "Play Card" that gives you 50 extra Beauty Points when you use it in Sephora stores. For the same price and better, bigger samples? What's not to lose?


Until next time, Stay Beautiful!

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© c'est la T.. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig