Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Glossier.

Here's a very well known fact about me: I'm addicted to trying new skincare and makeup products. My bank account and my husband can attest to this. In January, I legitimately purged a Hefty bag worth of products out of my bathroom that consisted of un-unsed BirchBox samples, products that I bought and ended up not liking, and products that I hadn't used in years. So, very much like my journey to better clothing, I began my journey to better skincare and makeup. But in this journey, I made a vow to myself to use a product that I had bought for 30 days straight and then if I decided that I didn't like it, then I could chuck it and buy something else I had my eye on.

Enter Glossier...

Created by the beauty minds behind beauty blog Into the Gloss, Glossier switches gears and focuses on making skincare a priority and making the approach to makeup more simple and natural. I love that this brand takes all the opinions and suggestions of their costumer base seriously and really works to make the brand not only affordable and natural, but effective as well. So needless to say, I've built up quite the arsenal.

From Left to Right: Coconut Balm Dotcom, Generation G (in Jam), Priming Moisturizer, Boy Brow (in Blonde), Stretch Concealer in Light & Galaxy Pack Green Mask

 
Coconut Balm Dotcom - I have gone through my fair share of lip balms and chapsticks and I've never truly found one that I love. This stuff is a legit miracle. It smells like a summer vacation and instantly hydrates your lips. Unlike other lip balm products Balm Dotcom sinks into your lips and skin and doesn't just sit there making a mess of everything. I also really like to blot a teeeeeeny tiny amount onto my cheek bones as a subtle highlighter and to give my skin that dewy glow look.

Generation G Lipstick - I didn't really start liking lip products aside from lip balm until the past year and a half or so, and since I made that dive I've been slightly obsessed with trying out new products. Unlike other matte lip products, Generation G is very similar to a lip balm that gives a matte stain effect to your lips. The best part is it's build able so if you want to go more subtle, just stick to one swipe and if you want to go more bold, build from there. It gives you that effortless French Girl worn in lip color that with other products you have to blot a million times to get the same desired effect. The color Jam (a wine shade) has been my new go-to lip color, but there are three others currently on the site.

Priming Moisturizer - I've written about this product already in one of my previous posts, so I'll keep this one a little shorter. But I really love this product. For combination/sensitive skin type folks out there, this moisturizer is heaven sent. It eliminates redness and give your skin the perfect base for makeup or for going au naturel. 

Boy Brow - Holy mama jamma. If there is one thing I always do in my makeup routine it is my brows. I love this product probably the most out of any makeup product I own. I used to be a Anastasia Brow Wix loyalist, but when the spooly brushes kept breaking month after month I decided to give something else a try. I stumbled upon this bad boy while reading an article on Garance Dore's blog about eyebrow products (go figure) and decided to make the dive. Let's just say the 10,000 person waitlist that it once had speaks for itself. This stuff is holy grail material.

Stretch Concealer - I love my YSL Touché Eclat for under my eyes. And a lot of the time I love it to cover up barely there blemishes, but I wanted something for when my hormonal pimples popped up that would make them unnoticeable and Stretch Concealer does just that. It melts into your skin and basically becomes part of your face and isn't noticeable at all. I still use my YSL religiously under my eyes, but if I need a little extra coverage than this magic product does the trick. 

Mega Greens Galaxy Pack - I've recently become one of those girls who twice a week will soak in a bath filled with a Lush bath bomb or bubble bar with a glass of wine, French music on, and a Vogue in hand. And what better to go with all that than a face mask? I've had my fair share of face mask affairs, but this mask puts all others to shame. 20 minutes after putting this mask on (and comparing yourself to the alien emoji on your phone) your skin feels completely detoxified of impurities and any that were existing are minimized. My week is not complete without slathering this on my face at least once. 

So in case you didn't get the Glossier love I was sharing above, I'm pretty much in love with this beauty line. And if you were wanting to try any products you can get 20% off your first order by using this link (http://bff.glossier.com/dD_Kn) because trust me, you're missing out on a whole new world of beauty products if you don't try something from this company. 

So until next time, stay beautiful!



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© c'est la T.. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig