Friday, April 1, 2016

routine.

Don't we all wish we could go back in time? Maybe tell ourselves what's to come or develop better habits so we wouldn't have to struggle as much later on in life? For as long as I can remember, I have struggled with finding my skincare routine. Unlike most of my friends, or much of the population for that matter, I didn't really have issues with acne when I was a teenager. I probably would've scoffed at someone if they asked me what my skin care routine was and asked them if it was for women in their 30's and 40's who were trying to prevent wrinkles and aging without botox. I didn't know much about skin care in my teens aside from a Noxzema Pad and if I was feeling adventurous, stealing some of my Mom's Estée Lauder Perfectly Clean Foaming Wash.

Then my 20's happened. And BOOM, just like that, deep, cystic, and extremely painful acne hit my chin and jawline like a ton of bricks. My first thought was because my skin was oily, I needed to dry my skin out, so I bought all the drugstore acne washes and treatment gels that you could possibly imagine. Needless to say, that didn't work, and in fact, made my skin worse; think tight, dry, and dull. Thankfully, years and many trial and error sessions later, I have found my routine, my holy grails of skin care, if you will.

In case you didn't already know, here's a spoiler alert: I am an absolute Francophile. Ever since I could read a Vogue, I associated anything fashionable with the French. So obviously, the majority of my skin care routine consists of French products. Simply put, the French know what the hell they're talking about, and honestly I've worn less makeup and felt more confident in my skin since using these products, so the proof is in the pores.

So without further ado, say hello to my little friends...


Dior Gentle Cleansing Oil - Three pumps of this bad boy on my skin does wonders and instantly puts me in a spa state of mind. The lily extract that is used in this formula not only calms your mood, but any inflammation or redness that may be present in your skin. Not to mention, it removes makeup (yes, even waterproof mascara) with ease and without burning your eyes. My skin is feeling clean and fresh, without the natural oils being stripped. I thank the skin care gods every time I wash my face for the chipper British Saleswoman at Nordstrom pushed this product into my hands because I don't know what I'd do without it now. 

Bioderma Sebum H2O Micellar Water - One thing that I've learn about skin care during my journey to facial zen, is that toning is extremely important and where a lot of the cleaning and refining takes place within the pores. And Micellar Water is not only a toner, but a cleanser (which is great for those late night when one is too lazy to go through every step of a regime) and a makeup remover. My favorite way to use this is an extra cleansing step (double cleansing is apparently the new craze in skin care straight from Korea) after washing and as a toner before I use my serum. This potion smells quite nice and leaves your skin with a tingling feeling that just subtly lets you know that it's working. This stuff truly is a French god send and is the stuff of lazy girl's dreams. 

Caudalie Vinoperfect Radiance Serum -  As a wine lover, I never would've guessed that the properties in wine would be good for your skin. But the Viniferine within this silky serum reduces the appearance of acne marks (please and thank you) and helps boost radiance and improve complexion. The smell isn't for some (it literally smells like a vine) but it doesn't bother me, and I like to think of it as a nice glass of wine for my face. Since using this serum, my skin definitely has a nice natural glow that wasn't there before.

Glossier Priming Moisturizer - Say "Hey there" to the only American product in my everyday skin care routine. Glossier, brought into this world by the same people who brought you Into The Gloss, is the ultimate Cool Girl's skin care and makeup line. This gooey goodness is packed with hyaluronic acid (for moisture), tea and honey extracts (for redness), and an oxygenating agent (for stressed skin) creating a cult favorite product on beauty blogs and celeb Instagrams alike. The Priming Moisturizer actually helps boost the effects of the Vinoperfect Serum, so I feel like I have the perfect skin of Gigi Hadid.

So to all my Beauty Obsessed girls out there, if you're in a skin care rut or just looking for more products to hoard on your amply supplied vanity then definitely give these products a try. I can 95% guarantee you won't be disappointed. 



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© c'est la T.. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig