Wednesday, April 6, 2016

le vin.


I love writing about beauty and fashion as much as the next girl, but one of the other few things I'm
obsessed with is wine. “Wine Wednesday” is actually a thing in my household and it is stuck to religiously, whether we have a good quality wine that we’ve received from our monthly Club W subscription (check it out here ➼ https://www.clubw.com/2ylsm8v9nw ) or whether we only have a box of Franzia (yes, I know, but when you’re desperate, it doesn’t matter if it's bottom shelf). so I figured I'd give some insight to a few wines that are a mainstay in my household, why they’re my favorites, and what foods go well with them. 
First up … Moët & Chandon Rosé Imperial. on Moët’s website the Rosé Imperial is described as “spontaneous, radiant and enticing.” there are 3 different grape varieties that make up the deliciousness of this rosy elixir: pinot noir, pinot muenier, and chardonnay. And let me tell you, I have never had a better tasting wine/champagne in my entire life. IT IS PURE MAGIC. Of course, the price tag is bit off putting, thats why in our house hold it is only purchased if it's a holiday/special occasion or if it's to stay in our wine collection until said holiday/special occasion. The first time I had this  was at Epcot’s Food and Wine Festival and had the boeuf bourguignon from the France stand and I swear I had a foodgasm. Now when I’m drinking the Rosé Imperial, I don’t really eat it with food, I personally like to enjoy its taste and smell by itself. But if you do decide to eat food with it (and the Epcot Food and Wine Festival isn’t going on), fresh and simple foods with colorful flavors are recommended. Think, red meat, game, red berries, goat cheese, mozzarella, fresh herbs, olive oil and black olives. All in all, this is my favorite wine/champagne in the world. It’s worth every cent. Just be careful when you open the bottle, literal tears will well up in your eyes if any of the bubbly doesn’t end up in a glass. 
Next up is a red wine that I received from my monthly Club W subscription...l’Atelier du Sud Red Blend. I haven’t been able to find it anywhere else, but I also live in the middle of no where, so I’m sure if you find yourself at a wine/liquor store you might be able to find this there. This vintage (2014) wine instantly makes me relax. If you could bottle up the French countryside in a bottle, this would be it. With notes of white pepper, strawberry, plum and pomegranate, the best part of this wine is that it is so easy to either drink by itself or with multiple types of food. my favorite to pair? A baguette with melted gruyere and prosciutto. But you could probably pair it with almost anything, just like any other red table blend. 
On the more budget friendly side of things is Mateus Rosé. But don’t judge its price (roughly $7) before you have a taste. Aside from the Moët, this is my go-to rosé for drinking, gifting, and basically anything I need an occasion to buy wine for. If you decide to research this wine, you’ll even see that back in the 1970′s it was the world’s most popular rosé, demanded by Queen Elizabeth herself. Its floral and fruity and has hints of raspberry notes in it when you smell it. I like to drink it when I have something sweet to eat (think, chocolate squares or chocolate croissant) but the Mateus’ website recommends a light rustic Mediterranean pizza and a seafood platter to pair with their original rosé. 
Check back next Wednesday, for my first Wine Wednesday review. Until then, eat, drink & stay beautiful. 

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© c'est la T.. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig