Sunday, April 3, 2016

Makeup.

My general philosophy when it comes to makeup is less is more. I like to look like myself and only enhance the features that are my favorite on my face. To me, skincare is the infinitely more important. When your skin is healthy and really vibing with your skincare regime, you honestly don't need much makeup. Not to say I dislike the look of smoky eyes and contours, because I shamelessly am still mesmerized by the tutorial videos whenever I stumble across them, it's honestly, just not my style. I like my natural face and, as an added bonus, less makeup means I get to sleep in like an extra 30 minutes in the morning (because being in the Military makes you appreciate when you can get any extra shut eye in).


After my skin is clean and moisturized, I use my Yves Saint Laurent Touché Eclat under my eyes, down my nose and under my nostrils, and on any imperfections that may be bugging me that day. I hate the feel of foundation (although Glossier's Perfecting Skin Tint is one product I am dying to try, if they ever get re-stocked in my shade) so I never use it. Then I use Glossier's Boy Brow (in Blonde) to fill in my brows and to give them more definition. Even if I'm extremely tired in the morning and don't want to go through with my whole routine, I still use Boy Brow. In my opinion, brows are the frames of the face and if those are on point, you look like you're ready to take on the day. After my brows are imperfectly sculpted, I use my handy dandy Clinique Chubby Sculpting Highlight Stick, which I received in my Sephora Play Box, along my cheekbones and just below and above the ends of my eyebrows. During the week, I don't really wear mascara because my allergies can act up and I rub my eyes like an onion addict, so I generally curl my lashes and then I'm off to work.

However, on the weekends, I always use my Diorshow Iconic Overcurl Waterproof Mascara. I think that this is the best volumizing and curling mascara out there, and even though the brush is large, I have yet to get any mascara on my eyelids when applying this product. Even though it's waterproof it comes off easily with my Dior Cleansing Oil or my Bioderma Sebum H2O. Also on weekends, I hardly ever go out without a lip color. In years past, I've been a NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil addict (in the shade Cruella and Dragon Girl), but when Glossier came out with a makeup line, I knew that I would love their lipstick. Fighting off the urge to buy every single color, I opted for the Glossier Generation G in the berry/wine shade Jam. What I love most about Glossier and their makeup products is that they show the same product on models with various skin tones, so you'll easily be able to tell if the color of the product will suit you or not. 

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is my simple and quick makeup routine. One day, perhaps, I'll change my ways and contour and cat-eye on the regular, but for now I'm enjoying my sleep and my natural beauty. 

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© c'est la T.. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig